Tertiary institutions may nominate or endorse a three to five -person student team of proven academic and/or innovative potential. They will be given free access to all events of the OTL Africa Downstream Week on terms.
The submission should be made before the deadline and shortlisted entries presented during the event. In addition to nominees having the opportunity to make a five-minute pitch, they stand a chance to win a cash prize of $1,000 (One thousand Dollars) which will be presented at part of the event’s highlight.
- In proof of academic standing, applicants should be top of their class or as near to the top as is obtainable with current GPA indicated.
- Applicants must be undergraduates currently studying a course relevant to downstream petroleum, shipping, logistics or supply chain management.
- Applicants must be undergraduates of a Nigerian university.
- Applicants must not exceed the age of 25years.
- Applicants must be registered as students for the 14TH OTL Africa Downstream Virtual Week.
- Applications should be accompanied by their institution’s cover letter, authenticating the entry.
The shortlisted nominees are expected to participate in the 14Th OTL Africa Downstream Virtual Week. During the event, they will be exposed to issues and discussions in the industry and be provided an opportunity for practical insights. Priority for allocation of team slots will be on the strength of the entries as decided by an independent panel of judges .The Downstream Innovation Challenge Award will be presented to the team whose downstream innovation is adjudged as having the most potential for positive impact on the downstream petroleum industry in Nigeria.
Nominees will be contacted by Monday October 19th, 2020.
Download entry format here
All applications should be sent to email@example.com The subject of the application should read OTL DOWNSTREAM INNOVATION CHALLENGE